Interested in joining a vibrant, hard-working, fun-loving team? The Carson Center may be the perfect fit for you!
Currently, we are seeking a Part-Time Event Associate (1 opening) and Part-Time Bartenders (multiple openings). See the job descriptions below. Please, check back for other openings or send an email, resume, and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The ideal Event Associate is outgoing, detail-oriented, enthusiastic, and good with people.
with Food and Beverage, assisting with event preparation and F&B inventory, setting up events, assisting with bars when needed, playing an integral role in fundraising and signature Carson Center events, and performing other duties as needed.
Those duties are not limited to but may include:
- Set up and staff marketing table and marketing areas.
- Distribute marketing materials and posters to local businesses.
- Set up, create, and assemble Stagecrafts. Staff craft tables.
- Assist Staff on show/event nights to direct traffic when there are multiple events occurring in the building.
- Help with seating on large Class Acts mornings.
- Hand out will-call tickets.
- Scan tickets.
- Serve as Bar back/ run stock Items for bartenders.
- Dress tables for events with linens, table décor, candles, etc.
- Help with F&B glassware on large events.
- Complete event checklist before private events.
- Work “load-In's” for private rentals.
- Assist with private rentals in the evenings. Proms/ Receptions/ etc.
Minimum: 2- Year Associate Degree with study in Hospitality, Event Management, Communications, or related business field.
Experience: 1-year experience in guest-focused business (retail, restaurant, hospitality)
Food and Beverage experience is a bonus.
Must be proficient in Word, Excel, Google Drive.
Part-Time Event Staff must be willing to work weekends and nights as needed. This position requires the individual to be able to take direction and work as a team player but also needs the candidate to be a self-starter, autonomous, and able to direct others. As this is a public facing position, excellent communication skills are a must. Servicing the public is demanding and can be stressful. The ideal candidate must be able to manage their emotions and stress while simultaneously providing the highest level of customer service. It can also be a physically demanding position. The candidate must be able to stand for long periods of time and must be able to lift and move equipment.
The Carson Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or genetic information, or veteran status.
The facilities at The Carson Center are fully accessible and ADA compliant.
Application Process: Send Resume and Letter of Interest to email@example.com with EVENT ASSOCIATE in the subject line.
Reports to: Food & Beverage Manager
This position is part-time and event-driven; the schedule is determined by the event schedule and is not regular/steady. Applicants must be reliable and have access to phone or e-mail for scheduling purposes. Applicants must have reliable transportation. Duties consist of customer service, mixing drinks, serving beverages and other items, and constant interaction with customers and other staff. Event types range from performances to private events, such as receptions, parties, meetings, etc. Both daytime and nighttime hours are available. Training provided.
- Bartending/Concessions - mixing and serving alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages and snacks to customers during events
- Customer Service - answering basic customer questions about the Carson Center
- Setup and Cleanup of bar/concession areas before and after events
- Other duties as assigned by Food & Beverage Manager
- Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Experience: Serving/Bartending experience preferred, but not necessary. (Training provided.)
- Age: Applicants must be at least 20 years of age
- Basic Math Skills
Demonstrated Skills and Knowledge
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Ability to efficiently handle multiple tasks and customers
- Ability to present a positive image and professional demeanor to customers
- Ability to handle cash and add/subtract/multiply/divide dollar amounts without a calculator
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with volunteers, staff, other employees, vendors, and customers
Applicants must meet the minimum age requirement to be considered. Applications are available from the Carson Center receptionist in the administrative offices. (Located on the 2nd Street side of the building - not the Box Office at the front of the building.)